I have a pretty big pile of figures accumulating, so I’m thinking I’ll probably review a bunch of them this month. That’ll have to wait until my work table comes in, though. I’m trying a dark-colored pub table this time. Mostly it’s about the height; normal-height tables tend to make me hunch over too much, so I think a taller table will be easier to take photos on.
I feel like I’m on a precipice after having plugged in my media drive. It makes a fantastic array of whirring noises and clicks, leading me to believe it’ll die soon. Fortunately I got my 3TB replacement drive, so I just need to hope the old hard drive holds out long enough to get all the files transferred.
Well it looks like this month is all about Persona 3. I powered through Persona 4 through the winter a few years ago, so maybe fall will be Persona 3 season. It’s a weird progression, starting with P4, then going to P4 Arena, and now to P3 so I could get some more background on the fighting game.
Has it really been over a month?? Since my last post:
- The Miami Heat became the 2012 NBA champions. The ESPN ballwashing of LeBron James was insufferable. As a Bulls fan, seeing our star go down and a conference rival win the title is… bitter.
- We started playing DayZ (an ArmA II mod) and even got our own server. The premise is that it’s a super-realistic zombie apocalypse simulator, where you play on a persistent 225 km² map. The intention is to have an intense experience full of hardships and difficult decisions. Pick up weapons, or pick up food and medical supplies? Should I kill this guy, or can we work together to survive? In reality, the game is riddled with bugs, laughable exploits, and everyone shoots everyone else on sight without bothering to check for hostility. Still it’s one of the most unique and compelling experiences you can have in a PC game, as long as you can get through the learning curve. Much easier if you play with friends.
- My roommate and I found a new apartment, which has nothing to do with Makigumo directly but I do think it’ll cut down on the amount of figures I can have on display. My dream is to have just a huge room in a house where I can display every figure I’ve bought, preferably in front of their boxes.
- That Yoshimitsu figure I had set for June… nope! It arrived Monday.
- In fact none of that stuff I had set for June panned out.